Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
Due to the American holiday we returned on a Tuesday instead of a Monday, which meant we were looking at a compressed week. But don’t let the short window for news fool you — it’s going to be busy.
- Stocks are higher today, but off the back of a few tough trading weeks, so don’t read too much into the bounce. The crypto world seems pretty quiet for quite some time now.
- Y Combinator Demo Day is this week, which means a flurry of startups and other news. Technology Flow is naturally in the news. Strap in.
- And there’s also an Apple event this week, likely bringing new iPhones and other related consumer gear. How excited you are about that depends on how old your current phone is.
- From there, it’s time for financial concerns and concerns about how a worse or lower macroeconomic picture will impact startups. We talk a lot about market size and venture capital. But what about the macro environment?
- And to close, what is Binance doing?
No live show this week, but we’ll be back tomorrow and Friday! Hugs and talk soon.
Equity drops every Monday at 7am PDT and Wednesdays and Fridays at 6am PDT, so subscribe to us Apple Podcasts, Cloudy, Spotify And All the cast.